Thank you to everyone who came out to the TGH Meet the Team ride on Saturday, Sept. 22nd. We had a great turnout with around 20 new riders and 30 TGHers. It was great to meet all of you!
Our application deadline is Monday, October 8th. We’ll make our final roster decisions by October 12th and hold our 2012-2013 Team Meeting on Sunday October 21st.
If you didn’t get a chance to ride with us or are still unsure about racing, we strongly encourage you to attend the Intro to Women’s Cycling and Racing Teams rides coming up on September 30 and October 7th. TGH representatives will be present, and these rides are a great way to meet women racers from various teams, ask questions, and learn basic group riding skills. The rides roll out from Pert’s Deli in Leschi at 9:20 a.m.
We’re a significant and successful women’s team that never forgets to have fun. Our roster welcomes new riders, developing racers and additions to our Elite team.
– “Why should someone think about joining a women’s cycling team, and specifically TGH? It’s simple really – camaraderie and community. Not only do we have a phenomenal group of women on our team, but in the Northwest cycling community as well. The women who race bikes in the PNW make up a great community. They make racing fun with their good sportsmanship, and commitment to growing women in the sport.” –Sara Rades-Rhoades, Cat 4 road, cx, mtb racer.
– “Cycling is an odd mixture of gradual improvement and breakthrough moments. I needed the help and advice of TGH to fine-tune my form and training, along with a big dose of healthy competition to push me through those break points.” – Team president, LB Kregenow
– “Joining a team is the best way to push yourself to the next level once you find yourself being a fast rec rider. Join TGH specifically because of the infectious enthusiasm and how happy we are to have every single new woman at the races.” – Amanda McNabb, Cat 3 road, cx, mtb racer
– “You are likely to find yourself in the best shape of your life. And you will meet and become friends with fascinating, fun women!” – Lisa Coyne, Cat 3 road, cx, mtb racer
– “Joining a team is a great way to take your riding skills and fitness to the next level. If you join TGH, you will be pushed harder than you would ever push on you own, and you can learn in a comfortable, developmental environment entirely focused on women. 100% of our resources (financial, time & energy) are put toward advancing women’s racing. Also, you will make lifelong friends on this team.” – KT Taylor, Cat 1/2 road and Cat 3 track racer
– “When I joined TGH I wanted to be part of an all women’s competitive cycling team who are passionate, eclectic, caring and fun. TGH continues to meet my expectations.” – Lori Sledge, Cat 4 road, cx, mtb racer.
Tags: Join TGH